The Branded King banner is now available in Fire Emblem Heroes. It will feature Great Lord Chrom and Morgan (male and female) from Fire Emblem Awakening. Also, a new story chapter is now available featuring the three new heroes.
Female Morgan is a flying blue mage unit. These are the skills she can learn at 5-stars:
- Weapon: Blárserpent+ Mt: 12, Rng:2
- Grants Def/Res+6 during combat if foe initiates combat and uses bow, dagger, magic, or staff
- Special: Iceberg Cooldown: 3
- Boosts damage dealt by 50% of unit’s Res
- A Skill: Mirror Stance 2
- Grants Atk/Res+4 during combat if foe initiates combat
- B Skill: Guard 3
- If unit’s HP is ≥ 80% at start of combat, enemy is inflicted with Special cooldown charge -1. (If using other similar skill, only highest value applied)
- C Skill: Atk Ploy 3
- At start of turn, all foes in cardinal directions with Res 1 or more lower than unit suffer Atk-5 until the end of foe’s next action
Overall, her base skill set is pretty good and it seems like she’s more geared towards being a player-based unit. Honestly, I would just add either a repositioning Support skill or Ardent Sacrifice or even a Rally Support skill to female Morgan.
Not only do we get female Morgan, but we also get male Morgan! Male Morgan is an infantry red mage unit and here are the following skills he can learn at 5-stars:
- Weapon: Grima’s Truth Mt: 14, Rng: 2
- Grants Def+3. After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Atk/Spd-5 on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions, and grants Atk/Spd+5 to unit and allies within 2 spaces for 1 turn
- Special: Dragon Fang Cooldown: 4
- Grants +50% to Atk
- B Skill: Dull Ranged 3
- If foe uses bow, dagger, magic, or staff, neutralizes foe’s bonuses (from skills like Fortify, Rally, etc.) during combat
- C Skill: Spur Def/Res 2
- Grants adjacent allies Def/Res+3 during combat
Male Morgan’s B skill, Dull Ranged 3, is pretty unique and can be dangerous if used in the right way. His base skill set could use some work since it’s not as great as his female counterpart. For a Support skill, either Reposition, Pivot, or Draw Back would work. As for the Special, Dragon Fang could work but since male Morgan is a mage, his Res is going to be decent so Iceberg may be a better Special. Lastly, for his A skill, there are a couple of options. You can give him either Death Blow 3, Atk/Res 3, or Fury 3.
The last hero included on The Branded King banner is Chrom. Chrom is a sword cavalry unit, and at 5-stars he can learn the following skills:
- Weapon: Sealed Falchion Mt: 16, Rng :1, Eff: Dragon
- Effective against dragon foes. If unit’s HP < 100% at start of combat, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 during combat
- Special: Aether Cooldown: 5
- Resolve combat as if foe suffered Def/Res-50%. Unit recovers HP=half damage dealt
- A Skill: Fury 3
- Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3. Unit takes 6 damage after combat
- B Skill: Chill Def 3
- At start of turn, inflicts Def-7 on foe on the enemy team with the highest Def through its next action
- C Skill: Sword Valor 3
- If unit survives, all sword users on team get 2x SP. (If similar skill effects also used, only highest multiplier applied)
Chrom has a good base skill set that doesn’t take too much work to improve. For Chrom, if you’re not a fan of his C skill, you can replace Sword Valor 3 with Fortify Cavalry, Hone Cavalry, Ward Cavalry or even Goad Cavalry. Not a fan of Cavalry skills or not running a cavalry team? You can switch it out for either Hone Atk 3 or Threaten Atk 3. As for a Support skill, you can either give him the usual repositioning Support skills or you can give him a Rally Support skill to help your other units.
Overall, I’m really excited that the heroes featured on this banner are great. Their weapons are unique and with Chrom’s weapon, Sealed Falchion, indicating that it is strong against a colorless dragon, it could mean that players will see one soon.
Also, in the game’s announcement, Gerome: Masked Rider will be available as a Tempest Trials reward hero! So keep an eye out for the Tempest Trial announcement!