The units from the second round of the Choose Your Legends Event are finally here! Announced from the latest FEH Channel, the Arrival of the Brave banner will be available in Fire Emblem Heroes until September 14 (specifically, the banner will end at 2 AM Central Time). If you need a quick refresher, these are the units that players voted for a while ago and they feature the 2nd and 1st place winners of the polls.
First up is Veronica. Veronica is not available in the game through other means except for this banner. If you are looking to add Veronica to your team, now is the chance! She is a staff cavalry unit, and at 5-stars, Veronica can learn the following skills:
- Weapon: Hliðskjálf Mt: 14, Rng: 2
- Foe cannot counterattack. After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Atk/Def/Res-4 on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions, and grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 to unit and allies within 2 spaces for 1 turn
- Support: Recover+ Rng: 1
- Restores HP = 50% of Atk +10. (Minimum of 15 HP)
- Special: Windfire Balm+ Cooldown: 1
- When healing an ally with a staff, grants Atk/Spd+6 to all allies for 1 turn
- B Skill: Wrathful Staff 3
- Calculates damage from staff like other weapons
- C Skill: Close Guard 3
- Allies within 2 spaces gain: “If foe uses sword, lance, axe, or dragonstone, grants Def/Res+4 during combat”
From what I have seen, she seems to be a good offensive healer. At the very least, I would add an A skill to her. Either Life and Death 3, Death Blow 3, or Attack +3 to make Veronica a bit more offensive. Of course, you can replace her entire base skill set to make her a fully fledged healer… But I don’t recommend that…
Ephraim is the 2nd place winner on the male side. He is an axe armored unit, and the skills he can learn at 5-stars are:
- Weapon: Garm Mt: 16, Rng: 1
- Grants Atk+3. If a bonus granted by a skill like Rally or Hone and/or extra movement granted by a skill like Armor March or Armored Boots is active, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack
- Special: Draconic Aura Cooldown: 3
- Boosts Atk by 30%
- A Skill: Close Def 3
- If foe initiates combat and uses sword, lance, axe, or dragonstone, grants Def/Res+6 during combat
- B Skill: Special Fighter 3
- At start of combat, if unit’s HP ≥ 50%, grants Special cooldown charge +1 to unit and inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack)
- C Skill: Armor March 3
- At start of turn, if unit is adjacent to an armored ally, unit and adjacent armored allies can move 1 extra space. (That turn only. Does not stack)
Ephraim is perfect if you already have an armored team! His base skill set is pretty handy overall and it makes him an easy addition to any Armor Emblem team. Of course, I would add your favorite positional Support skill (I personally like Swap or Reposition) and he is ready to be used in the armor team! If you don’t want to use him for an Armor Emblem team, I would switch out his C Skill to either Threaten Def 3 or Def Smoke 3.
Celica is the 1st place winner on the female poll. She is an infantry sword unit. At 5-stars, she can learn these skills:
- Weapon: Royal Sword Mt: 16, Rng: 1
- Grants Spd+3. If unit is within 2 spaces of an ally, grants unit Special cooldown charge +1 per unit’s attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack)
- Special: Galeforce Cooldown: 5
- If unit initiates combat, grants unit another action after combat. (Once per turn)
- A Skill: Death Blow 4
- If unit initiates combat, grants Atk+8 during combat
- B Skill: Double Lion
- If unit’s HP =100%, at start of combat and unit initiates combat, unit attacks twice, but deals 1 damage to unit after combat. (Does not stack)
- C Skill: Atk Tactic 3
- At start of turn, grants Atk+6 to allies within 2 spaces for 1 turn. Granted only if number of that ally’s movement type on current team ≤
Unfortunately, compared to the other units, Celica is the least appealing unit to roll for (unless you really want a team of Celicas and Alms). Her base skill set works in the player’s favor so if you do get Celica, you only need to add your preferred Support skill and she’s ready to be added to the team!
Finally, the 1st place winner in the male division of the poll is Hector. I was hoping he would be equipped with Armads… BUT, he is not and he is an armored lance unit. The skills he can learn at 5-stars are:
- Weapon: Maltet Mt: 16, Rng: 1
- Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). If unit’s HP ≥ 50% and foe initiates combat, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack
- Special: Ignis Cooldown: 4
- Boosts damage dealt by 80% of unit’s Def
- A Skill: Ostian Counter
- Unit can counterattack regardless of foe’s range. If foe initiates combat, grants Atk/Def+4 during combat
- B Skill: Bold Fighter 3
- If unit initiates combat, grants Special cooldown charge +1 per unit’s attack, and unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack. (Does not stack)
- C Skill: Even Res Wave 3
- At start of even-numbered turns, grants Res+6 to unit and adjacent allies for 1 turn. (Bonus granted to unit even if no allies are adjacent)
Well, I guess all we need now is a sword-wielding Hector and we can have a full armor team with just Hector. Overall, his base kit makes him an easy unit to either add to your armor team or to your regular team. At the very least, I would add a positional Support skill so he can gain a bit more movement.
As announced in the FEH Channel, summoners will be able to select their one free unit. I would choose between Veronica, Ephraim, or Hector. Celica leaves a bit more to be desired based on her base skill set.
As of writing this article, I’m torn between choosing either Ephraim or Hector. They both will be great additions to my various teams. I have tried to summon one through the Arrival of the Brave banner but I haven’t had any luck. If you like multiple units, go ahead and test your luck in the banner and then select the free Brave Hero.
Lastly, don’t forget to complete the Paralogue chapter to earn more orbs! Of course, if you aren’t able to summon another Brave hero in this banner, I’m positive they’ll return in a future Legendary Hero banner.