Hello all my fellow gamers! I’m tuning in today to let you guys in on some little tips and tricks to improve on your light level in Destiny: Rise of Iron. This most recent expansion has allowed our guardians to reach a light level of 400. As I play through the expansion, I am realizing more and more how difficult it is to even break 360 in order to do the raid. Here are some things that I have learned to do as a habit in order to get some better drops to up my light faster!
- Always use a three of coin when doing a strike or in the crucible. If you continuously forget, try to set a timer! Obtaining a higher light level takes commitment! I usually end up with at least a legendary engram if I use a three of coin (but we all know I’m rooting for an exotic to drop).
- Save up your three of Strange Coins as well. Xur tends to carry some high light leveled exotics if you are just beginning to embark on your journey to a higher light level!
- Another good way to up your light is by building on your reputation. You will receive faction reward packages that tend to carry some good stuff. You can do this through things such as donations and completing bounties.
- As daunting as it may seem, you should put in your best effort to complete the weekly nightfall. These are hard for a reason, ladies and gents! In combination with a three of coin, you should be getting a decent drop!
- Every weekly reset, you can go to the Prison of Elders and complete the first strike to earn you a sterling box!
6. Raids are always a good way to get some good drops. Raids do have a minimum required light level but once you hit the requirement, you should be able to go through the raid. The most challenging part of doing a raid is finding the right group of people to endure it with you! If you do the raid on the hardest level, you will have a better chance of getting better gear.
7. Skeleton keys are randomly dropped through doing strikes. I recommend doing the Siva strikes that require a light level of 320 because they tend to drop more skeleton keys then the heroic strikes.
8. Archons Forge will drop things such as ghosts, artifacts, and class items. These are pretty easy because there are usually a bunch of people hanging around this area willing to help you with the adds and the bosses.
9. Playing the crucible will also give you drops! Just don’t forget to pop your three of coin!
10. Be committed to working on upping your light level and don’t lose hope! It may take a little bit to get up to that 400 mark, but anything is possible!
I hope all of this was handy! Keep winning battles throughout the galaxy, fellow guardians!