E3 is something I would have never thought I would be given the opportunity to attend but I was there representing WTFGamersOnly out on the show floor! The three days I spent there were filled with loads of fun and exciting news that I cannot wait to share with you all! But in this article I will be talking about some things I wish I knew before I went to the convention.
- Sign up for everything early…and I mean EARLY, because if you don’t, you will miss out on whatever awesome thing you want to do!
- Make sure you have any type of app downloaded before you get to the convention. There was an app called Experience PlayStation that was required to book appointments for things such as the VR experiences. When we got to the convention, it took FOREVER to download (probably 20 min. which is forever in this day and age!!!)
- I highly recommend you take a good chunk of time your first day to see where everything is and to go around scouting out what you want to hit early the next day! There were a few things I totally breezed passed because I was pretty invested on trying a bunch of things!
- Have a game plan for the second day. It is the longest, busiest day of the convention so use it to your advantage! I went to bed after the first day knowing exactly what I wanted to do! I was awake bright and early to be at the convention at 8:30 AM (a couple hours before they let people into the convention).
- There are parties every night of E3 (in order to get into said parties refer to #1). That being said- give yourself a bedtime. This literally saved my life for the following days I spent at the convention. Also, if you are drinking the previous night, drink lots of water! You don’t want to walk around the convention with a gnarly hangover.
- Go in a large group if possible. I was in a big group so we were able to have people wait in the longer lines while others would go check out the convention!
- Bring food and water. The food at the convention is very expensive. I brought a couple PB&Js every day along with some fruit and water. This kept me going until I got lunch.
- Bring business cards. SOOO many people are trying to get to know you and you are trying to get to know them. This is an awesome place to network to stay up to date with games!
- Bring a back pack because you will be getting a BUNCH of free stuff! I literally filled my back pack every day!
- Another really good thing to bring would be a portable charger for your phone! I used my phone all day long to check time, snap chat, write, etc! So it’s definitely best to bring one because your phone WILL die!
- HAVE FUN! I know the convention can be a tad overwhelming but once you are there, go with the flow and have a good time!
Rock on, my fellow nerds. <3