During the Square Enix press conference we got the first look at the title Babylon’s Fall. PlatinumGames is working on this lore-filled game, that looks huge and enticing. With PlatinumGames behind the wheels after such successful titles like their recent hit Neir: Automata, we’re definitely in for a good hack and slash time. Let’s take a look at the trailer and what we’ve learned about Babylon’s Fall.
The trailer starts with flashes of the past. We’re given snippets of the history of this new world we’re being introduced to. Here’s what we have learned from the trailer about the story and lore of Babylon’s Fall.
- In CE 5000, the Oversoul was discovered
- CE 5017, the Helos Empire succeeds in developing weaponry after years of experimentation
- CE 5083 The Oversoul Prophecies – were written as a small group of seers hailing from all kingdoms use crystallized Oversoul fragments to predict the future and write down these prophecies in the Ephesian book.
- CE 5089 The Apocalypse – The seers have visions of an all-consuming darkness
- CE 5099 Wayalnd’s Journey – By order of the Helos Empire, Wayland travel’s to the darklands in the far south, foretold by the Ephesian book as the location of mankind’s revival.
- CE 5109 The Soul Riots – With resentment rising against the ruling class over the use of the Oversoul, riots break out among the masses.
- CE 5113 World War – As the rulers of each kingdom turn against their respective populaces, the riots escalate into full-blown war.
- CE 5200 Divine Punishment – Disgusted by humanity’s unwillingness to learn from its past mistakes, the elder gods unleash their wrath upon mankind.
- CE 5205 Birth of a Goddess – With the purpose of rescuing humanity from the brink of extinction a new goddess Gaia is born
- CE 5208 Birth of a New World – Gaia creates a new world in order to give humanity one last chance
- CE 5220 Age of Humanity – Humans begin to inhabit the new world and a period of peace follows
- CE 5338 Scholars of Gaia – Concerned about people losing their faith in Gaia the high priest Darius forms a consort known as the Scholars of Gaia
- CE 5356 War of Beliefs- Unable to overcome their ideological differences, the Scholars of Gaia and the Helios order start engaging in frequent skirmishes
- CE 5347 End of a Dream
- CE 5385 Spread of the Soul Plague – The unexplained outbreak of the soul plague prompts the different factions to capitalize on the people’s fear and expand their efforts to convert the masses.
- CE 5430 New World Academy – Fearing for the future of mankind after rediscovering the Ephesian book the seer Maria forms the New World Academy amid the rapidly worsening war.
- CE 5450 Punishment – On the day of judgement, Gaia turns against mankind.
- CE 5470 Awakening – Deep within the Shrine of souls the Nomads are born.
- CE 5500 Rebirth – Led by the Nomads, Humanity strikes back against Gaia.
After all of that we get a look at a gorgeous cinematic of what we can assume to be is a Nomad, striking back at some form of Gaia, then an outline of humans with different weapons ranging from staves to long and short swords and quarterstaves.
Looks like we will be bringing the fight to Gaia in the latest from PlatinumGames and Square Enix. Here’s hoping we find out even more about this title soon.