Electronic Arts has official released the minimal PC specification requirements for their Maxis-developed The Sims 4 video game. Via the game’s official FAQ, The Sims 4 will require PC gamers to run any Windows OS beginning from Windows XP SP3 and pretty much everything in-between, all the way to Windows 8.1. Also, having at least a 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 2GBs of RAM will be get you started and running, hardware-wise.
Skip after the jump for a full, official list of The Sims 4 PC specification requirements:
- REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.
- OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
- PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent) MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM
- HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
- DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only
- VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
- DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
EA/ Maxis’ The Sims 4 is still on track for a September 2nd release on Windows PC. A Mac version is expected to follow a few months later. For now, check out the recent gameplay trailer, “Smarter And Weirder”, found down below: