Lots of news has come out regarding Stormblood, the expansion to Final Fantasy XIV. The most exciting information being the confirmation of Samurai as the newest addition to the online world. To go along with this information, Square Enix has shown off the Stormblood trailer in its entirety, including the Samurai reveal as well as new the new continent of Othard. Check out the trailer to see the new continent, the Samurai in action, some familiar faces and gorgeous areas. Then keep reading to find out more information on the new job, areas, features and more!
The second new job reveal for the Stormblood expansion is the Samurai
- Role: DPS (Melee DPS), that’s two new DPS classes for Stormblood
- Weapon: Katana
- No Associated Class
- Starting at level 50 (tentative)
- Engage your foe up close using deadly Katana
- Single-handedly deal massive damage
- Learn “IAI” and other traditional Far Eastern Swordplay Techniques
- Master the art of “SEN” and its three forces “SETSU” (Snow), “Getsu”(Moon), and “KA” (Flower).
- Store Energy in your Katana and use it to unleash special attacks!
As for what else we can expect to see in Stormblood, here are some details revealed at the latest Fan Fest.
- The Main Antagonist for 4.0 (Stormblood) will be the Garlean Empire & Legatus Zenos Yae Galvus
- New Areas (some shown off in the trailer) include: Ala Mhigo/Doma/Other Far Eastern Locales
- The New job Samurai will be joining the other DPS focused job Red Mage
- New Gear & Crafting recipes
- Expanded Exploration
- New Beast Tribe & Primal: The Ananta & Lakshmi
- Increased Inventory Capacity (thank goodness)
- Updated PC Minimum Spec Requirements
- End of PlayStation 3 Support
- Swimming & Diving
- New City: Kugane
- A fourth residential area: Shirogane
- Kugane: A port town on the island chain of Hingashi – A Far Eastern Nation with a strict isolation policy.
- Kugane is the only port in Hingashi open to foreign trade vessels. Violent acts are strictly prohibited within the town’s walls.
You can get your hands on the Stormblood expansion on June 20th, 2017. Preorders are available now. What are you looking forward to most in Stormblood?