The Fire and Ice banner is now available in Fire Emblem Heroes. The banner only features Ylgr and Surtr, and the banner will available in the game until December 11th at 1 AM Central Time.
Ylgr is a blue dagger unit, and at 5-stars, she can learn the following skills:
- Weapon: Sylgr Mt: 14, Rng: 2
- Grants Spd+3. At start of combat, if unit’s Spd > foe’s Spd, grants Atk/Spd+4 during combat. After combat, if unit attached, inflicts Def/Res-7 on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions
- Special: Glimmer Cooldown: 2
- Boosts damage dealt by 50%
- A Skill: Sorcery Blade 3
- At start of combat, if unit is adjacent to a magic ally, calculates damage using the lower of foe’s Def or Res
- B Skill: Chill Spd 3
- At start of turn, inflicts Spd-7 on foe on the enemy team with the highest Spd through its next action
- C Skill: Spd Tactic 3
- At start of turn, grants Spd+6 to allies within 2 spaces for 1 turn. Granted only if number of that ally’s movement type on current team ≤ 2
Overall, I think Ylgr has an amazing base kit because all the skills work well together. In my opinion, I would only add a Support skill and then call it a day.
Lastly, Surtr is an armored axe unit. The skills he can learn at 5-stars are:
- Weapon: Sinmara Mt: 16, Rng: 1
- Grants Def+3. At start of turn, deals 20 damage to foes within 2 spaces
- Special: Bonfire Cooldown: 3
- Boosts damage by 50% of unit’s Def
- A Skill: Steady Stance 4
- If foe initiates combat, grants Def+8 during combat and inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack)
- B Skill: Wary Fighter 3
- If unit’s HP ≥ 50%, unit and foe cannot make a follow-up attack
- C Skill: Surtr’s Menace
- At start of turn, if unit is within 2 spaces of a foe, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 for 1 turn and inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-4 on foes within 2 spaces through their next actions
I’m honestly surprised to see Surtr being added to the summon pool so soon. I honestly don’t think you will need to switch out any skills but I do recommend adding your preferred Support skill to Surtr.
Like usual, there is a new paralogue story added to Fire Emblem Heroes. This story will be called Whispers of Death and if players complete the chapter under specific requirements, then you can collect 1 orb.
Also, with book II finally wrapped up, Nintendo Mobile has posted a video compiling the videos from Book I and II.