Gearbox Software announced the next step for the Borderlands series today. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection will be released on Playstation 4 and Xbox one on March 24th of this year!
This is looking like one of the most content filled collections ever for 60 bucks! The collection comes with Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel fully remastered at 1080p and running at 60fps for both consoles. But, it doesn’t come with just the games, this collection is going to include every single DLC and add-on ever to be released for both games. Gearbox has put together a handy little list of everything to come, and it’s insane how much is being included.
Borderlands 2 will come with the following:
• Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty (campaign add-on)
• Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage (campaign add-on)
• Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt (campaign add-on)
• Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep (campaign add-on)
• The Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack (level cap increase)
• Gaige the Mechromancer (playable class)
• Krieg the Psycho (playable class)
• Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge (level cap increase & challenge arena)
• Creature Slaughter Dome (challenge arena)
• T.K. Baha’s Bloody Harvest (Headhunter Pack)
• The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler (Headhunter Pack)
• How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day (Headhunter Pack)
• Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre (Headhunter Pack)
• Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax (Headhunter Pack)
Anyone else noticing the Headhunter packs are there? And it’s not just these add-ons, every single customization DLC is also going to be included. This list is quite a bit longer:
• Collector’s Edition Pack
• Commando Madness Pack
• Commando Supremacy Pack
• Commando Domination Pack
• Siren Madness Pack
• Siren Supremacy Pack
• Siren Domination Pack
• Gunzerker Madness Pack
• Gunzerker Supremacy Pack
• Gunzerker Domination Pack
• Mechromancer Madness Pack
• Mechromancer Supremacy Pack
• Mechromancer Domination Pack
• Assassin Madness Pack
• Assassin Supremacy Pack
• Assassin Domination Pack
• Mechromancer Steampunk Slayer Pack
• Gunzerker Dapper Gent Pack
• Psycho Dark Psyche Pack
• Psycho Madness Pack
• Psycho Supremacy Pack
• Psycho Domination Pack
• Siren Glitter and Gore Pack
• Commando Haggard Hunter Pack
• Assassin Stinging Blade Pack
• Mechromancer Beatmaster Pack
• Gunzerker Greasy Grunt Pack
• Psycho Party Pack
• Siren Learned Warrior Pack
• Commando Devilish Good Looks Pack
• Assassin Cl0ckw0rk Pack
Even the collector’s edition customization packs are coming. How awesome is that?
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel will also contain every DLC for the game, including:
Handsome Jack Doppelganger Pack (playable class)
• Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack: The Holodome Onslaught (level cap increase & challenge arena)
• Shock Drop Slaughter Pit (challenge arena)
• Upcoming Season Pass Content (playable class)
• Upcoming Season Pass Content (campaign add-on)
Upcoming Season Content there too. Gearbox has said to expect news on those very soon.
That’s all the goodies that will be in just the basic version of the game. There’s also been a chatty Limited Edition shown off. For those willing to fork over $400 for this game, there will be a limited Edition that comes with a steel hard-book case, 12 lithographs from the game, and their very own Claptrap!
Claptrap is able to be controlled remotely through an app for iOS/Android and he can roll around and yell at you, his minion, and give out all sorts of lines from the games. Don’t worry, he also comes with a joystick controller. His eye is a camera too so you can watch where you’re directing him.
There’s something else this collection is doing that’s pretty sweet. Gearbox has stated that there will be a cross-save functionality between the two different gen consoles. Is your character already a badass and you want to just keep that rank going? Just port it to the new console and keep it going. Cross-save will only work with same console family. So only from the Xbox 360 to the Xbox One and Playstation 3 to the Playstation 4.
Gearbox released a trailer video along with the news that essentially sums up everything really nicely.
Get ready to revisit Pandora on your new consoles, kiddos.