Finally, we are getting a Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War banner in Fire Emblem Heroes. It just took a while before we got here. The latest banner is now available, and it features three characters from Genealogy of the Holy War. There is also a new story chapter called “Hellfire” that features these new characters as well.
Ares is a sword cavalry unit. At 5-stars, he can learn the following skills:
- Weapon: Dark Mystletainn Mt: 16, Rng: 1
- Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown -1). If Special triggers before or during combat, grants Special cooldown count-2 after combat
- Special: Draconic Aura Cooldown: 3
- Boosts Atk by 30%
- A Skill: Brazen Atk/Def 3
- At start of combat, if unit’s HP ≤ 80%, grants Atk/Def+7 during combat
- B Skill: Seal Def/Res 2
- Inflicts Def/Res-5 on foe through its next action after combat
His base skill set is decent. For a Support skill, I tend to favor the positional skills but if you would like, a Rally-esque support skill will work as well. I just tend to find myself using the re-positional skills a bit more often. For the C skill, I can see Goad Cavalry or Fortify Cavalry working well if you are using a cavalry team. If you’re not using Ares in a cavalry team, I can see a Hone skill working well depending on the team’s composition.
Lene is another sword infantry dancer. The skills she can learn at 5-stars are:
- Weapon: Safeguard+ Mt: 14, Rng: 1
- If foe initiates combat, grants Def+7 during combat
- Support: Dance Rng: 1
- Grants another action to target ally. (Cannot target an ally with Sing or Dance)
- B Skill: Firestorm Dance 2
- If Sing or Dance is used, grants Atk/Spd+3 to target
- C Skill: Sword Valor 3
- If unit survives, all sword allies on team get 2x SP. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack)
At the minimum for Lene, I would give her either a Dragon Fang or Draconic Aura for her Special skill. As for her A skill, it will depend on how you would like to use her in the team. A couple of good A skills are Defiant Atk 3 and Defiant Def 3 to help her survive a bit more on the map. I can also see her C skill being swapped out for Threaten Spd 3 as well. But it ultimately depends on how the player would like to use her on the team.
The last unit for this banner is Ishtar. She is a blue mage infantry unit, and here are the following skills she can learn at 5-stars:
- Weapon: Mjölnir Mt: 14, Rng: 2
- Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). If unit initiates combat, grants Spd+6 during combat
- Special: Moonbow Cooldown: 2
- Treats foe’s Def/Res as if reduced by 30% during combat
- A Skill: Swift Sparrow 2
- If unit initiates combat, grants Atk/Spd+4 during combat
- B Skill: Vantage 3
- If unit’s HP ≤ 75% and foe initiates combat, unit can counterattack before foe’s first attack
- C Skill: Odd Atk Wave 3
- At start of odd-numbered turns, grants Atk+6 to unit and adjacent allies for 1 turn. (Bonus granted to unit even if no allies are adjacent.)
Ishtar’s base kit is pretty good overall. There’s really not much to change besides adding either a positional Support skill or even a Rally type Support skill depending on the player’s playstyle. I can see her Special being switched out for either Luna or Glimmer.
Lastly, a Grand Hero Battle featuring Julius is scheduled to be released on May 14 at 2 am Central Time. So keep your calendar marked for that Grand Hero Battle in Fire Emblem Heroes!
Honestly, in my opinion, none of the units truly stand out as being a must-have unit for Fire Emblem Heroes. I’ll more than likely pass on this banner and wait and see which units will be featured on the next Legendary Heroes banner.