For what seems like an eternity now players of ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) have been crying out for their two beloved factions, The Dark Brotherhood and The Thieves Guild, to enter into the MMORPG. But now, in the dawn of 2016, with the howls of our vanquished daedric princes behind us, we see the bright sunrise of a Thieves Guild DLC on its way.
For those of you that may be unfamiliar with the Thieves Guild, it is simply a faction that exists in the Elder Scrolls universe filled with thieves, cutpurses, pickpockets, and masters of stealth. The faction has existed in the games as a way to reward players that might want to play on the wrong side of the law, and features items and NPC’s that aid you in doing just that. Now, the Thieves guild will more than likely be different in the MMORPG than it has been in the previous games, but I’m still super excited.
According to the official ESO post that can be found HERE, this is what players can expect out of the Thieves Guild DLC:
Thieves Guild DLC Game Pack Features & Content
- Join the iconic Thieves Guild for the first time in ESO
- Hew’s Bane, a new zone available to characters of all levels and home of Abah’s Landing, the Thieves Guild headquarters, located in the southern peninsula of Hammerfell
- Hours of exciting new story content and quests that will take you through all your favorite areas of Tamriel
- A challenging, new 12-player trial: Maw of Lorkhaj
- Formidable new group bosses and delves to conquer
- The addition of new criminal activities
- A new passive skill line exclusive to members of the Thieves Guild
- Unique costumes, motifs, and item sets inspired by the devious Thieves Guild
When the DLC pack releases, there will also be some changes to the base game (once again this information was taken directly from the official post):
Base Game Patch Features & Content
- A 64-bit client for PC and Mac
- Improvements to grouping including incentives and cross-alliance grouping outside of the Grouping Tool
- Tons of combat and gameplay balance changes
- Scrolling combat text (SCT)
- Improvements and updates to Cyrodiil and its campaigns
- Access to content from other alliances in any order you choose upon reaching Veteran Rank 1
- Prioritization of animations during combat
- Improved facial animations for Mac
- …and more!
There is still a lot of information regarding the expansion to come, so make sure to stay tuned to the official ESO site and WTFGamersOnly so that you can stay up to date with all the latest news.
Have any thoughts on the expansion? Thoughts on ESO? Want someone to play ESO with? Let us know (and join me in Tamriel so we can slay noobs together on the fields of battle, it’ll be glorious af).