Happy Valentine’s Day! Valentine’s Day special heroes are here in Fire Emblem Heroes and the event will be called “Love Abounds.” This is also the first banner that only features heroes from Elibe. The “Love Abounds” will run until March 8, 2018 and don’t forget to complete the paralogue chapter that is now available featuring the latest heroes!
Lilina is all dressed up for Valentine’s Day and she is a green cavalier unit. At 5-stars, she can learn the following skills:
- Weapon: Green Gift+ Mt: 12, Rng: 2
- If foes uses bow, dagger, magic, or staff, neutralizes foe’s bonuses (from skills like Fortify, Rally, etc.) during combat
- Special: Blazing Flame Cooldown: 4
- Before combat this unit initiates, foes in an area near target take damage equal to 1.5 x (unit’s Atk minus foe’s Def or Res)
- Skill A: HP/Atk 2
- Grants HP+4, Atk+2
- Skill C: Atk Tactic 3
- At start of turn, grants Atk+6 to allies within 2 spaces for 1 turn. Granted only if number of that ally’s movement type on current team ≤ 2
Lilina is only missing a support skill and a B skill. For her B skill, either Vantage 3 or Quick Riposte 3 would work well because of her semi-low speed stat. For a support skill, the usual support skill choices for cavaliers will work (Reposition or Pivot), or you can inherit a Rally support for her.
Roy is an archer cavalier. Here are the skills he can learn at 5-stars:
- Weapon: Gratia+ Mt: 12, Rng: 2
- Effective against flying foes. If foe uses bow, dagger, magic, or staff, neutralizes foe’s bonuses (from skills like Fortify, Rally, etc.) during combat
- Support: Reciprocal Aid Rng: 1
- Swap HP with adjacent ally (neither unit can go above their max HP)
- Skill A: Death Blow 3
- Grants Atk+6 if unit initiates combat
- Skill C: Bow Valor 3
- If unit survives, all bow allies get 2x SP. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)
A special and B skill are missing from Roy’s skill set. For Roy’s B skill, with his low speed, Quick Riposte 3, Vantage 3, or Desperation 3 will help him out a lot. For a special, Dragon Fang or Moonbow will round out his base skill set.
Next up is Hector who is only here to fight. He is an axe armored unit, and at 5-stars, he can learn the following skills:
- Weapon: Berserk Armads Mt: 16, Rng: 1
- Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count -1). If unit’s HP ≤ 75% and Special triggers by attacking, Special cooldown count -1 at start of turn. Deals +10 damage when Special triggers
- Special: Glimmer Cooldown: 2
- Grants +50% to damage dealt
- Skill A: Distant Counter
- Enables unit to counterattack regardless of distance to attacker
- Skill B: Wary Fighter 3
- Prevents follow-up attacks in combat from unit and foes if unit’s HP ≥ 50%
Overall, Hector is similar to his non-variant counterpart. He is an armored unit so for his support skill, Swap or Pivot would work well on him. For a C skill, Ward Armor or Armor March 3 would work especially if you are running an armor emblem team. If you’re not running an armor emblem team, I can see Threaten Atk 3 working well.
Lastly, Lyn is a blue mage armored unit. Here are the skills she can learn at 5-stars:
- Weapon: Blue Gift+ Mt: 12, Rng: 2
- If foe uses bow, dagger, magic, or staff, neutralizes foe’s bonuses (from skills like Fortify, Rally, etc.) during combat
- Support: Ardent Sacrifice Rng: 1
- Heals adjacent ally 10 HP. Unit loses 10 HP (but cannot reach 0 this way)
- Skill A: Atk/Spd Bond 3
- Grants Atk/Spd+5 during combat if unit is adjacent to an ally
- Skill B: Guard 3
- If unit’s HP is ≥ 80% at start of combat, enemy is inflicted with Special cooldown charge -1. (If using other similar skill, only highest value applied)
- Skill C: Armor March 3
- If unit has an adjacent armored ally at start of turn, unit and any such allies can move 1 extra space. (That turn only; does not attack)
Lyn is only missing a Special so I can see Glacies, Moonbow, and Glimmer working well with her base skill set.
In the datamine, Eliwood is also dressed up for Valentine’s Day so there is a possibility that he will be the reward unit for an upcoming Tempest Trial. We’ll know for sure at a later time. Overall, there is nothing too special about this banner. Roy will be the interesting hero to use simply due to his low speed stat as a cavalier. But, I can see many trying to obtain one of the units for the upcoming Tempest Trial. Personally, I’ll try to summon Hector or Lyn and then wait for the future Legendary Heroes banner to get a better chance at summoning them.
What are your thoughts on the Love Abounds banner? Let us know in the comments or tweet to me on Twitter!