Sonic the hedgehog is coming back to mobile devices and tablets, since the absence of Sonic Runners (it was taken down last year) then you may be pleased to hear that a sequel is on the way! Thank you to Gameloft’s customer care site for the news.
Sonic Runners Adventure is the follow up to 2015’s Sonic Runners and if you didn’t play the original, I’ll get you up to speed (pun intended).
It was much in the same vein as Temple Run, you ran in a straight line collecting rings and avoiding obstacles, enemies and nasties that would stop you in your tracks. Or at least slow you down and make you lose your rings. You could level up characters and there was of course parts of the game you could part with your heard earned cash for.
The support page for the game on Gameloft’s website has listed several key features for Sonic Run Adventures that differ from the original:
- Levelling up characters is no longer going to be such a long slog, all of them will start fully levelled at level 5.
- There are three different type of stage; Finite, Looped and Infinite. Finite is the standard stage from the original, Looped has you running across shorter stages for multiple laps & Infinite gives you specific missions you need to fulfil and complete before the stage is over.
- The game won’t be eating up your data as it only requires an internet connection upon initial start up.
- Special stages will appear in which you can fly.
- Hero, Chaotix and Dark are the three new teams the characters belong to, each one also has a special ability to unlock through collecting a certain amount of rings.
Will you be downloading the game? I enjoyed Sonic Runners and it sounds like a good change from the original.