15 years ago, a little game called “The Sims” made its way to home PC and created a wave in computer gaming, grabbing the casual market and giving players control of their own, and their Sims lives. That’s right, 15 years ago today the original Sims game was released, and its time to celebrate the 15th anniversary of one of the most popular games ever, The Sims.
Spanning four base games and too many expansion packs to count over the years, we’ve been uplifting, destroying, creating and ending Sims lives for a long time, and to celebrate, EA is rolling out some goodies for Sims players. Electronic Arts and Maxis are releasing anniversary content for in-game use titled genealogy, the ability to trace your Sims lineage back for generations before (and after) their creation and discover their ancestry.
Along with that announcement, was the announcement of the first official expansion pack for The Sims 4. The Sims 4: Get To Work is due for release in April 2015, and brings new and exciting job options to the game, allowing Sims to actually step foot into their workplace, create and explore.
The Sims can mean a lot of different things for different people, and it’s inclusive nature and ability to allow players to do whatever they wish, and fulfill whatever wants and desires their Sims seek was a breath of fresh air, and reenacting real life scenarios, creating music videos and more is always a treat that The Sims provide.
The new Sims expansion allows players to:
1. Be a Doctor: Your Sim can now spend their work day saving lives, treating patients, performing emergency surgery, and for the first time ever, delivering babies!
2. Combat Crime: Investigate crime scenes, interrogate Sims, and arrest criminals while you work your way from Cadet all the way up to the Chief of Police.
3. Experiment and Invent: Scientists spend their days building crazy inventions and collecting unique specimens for diabolical creations like the Sim Ray. Your Sim will have to decide whether they’ll use their inventions to help or torment their fellow Sims.
4. Create Unique Retail Businesses: Create any number and type of retail business you want, including bakeries, clothing boutiques, art galleries, bookstores, and much more. You can customize every facet of your business with Build Mode; select what items to sell, manage your employees, and even upsell customers!
5. New Career Venues: All new career venues and neighborhoods like the Hospital, Police Station, and Science Lab are fully stocked with brand new objects to help your Sims achieve success! Or head down to the Retail District to check in on the many retail businesses you’ve created and find your Sims true calling.
6. Learn New Skills: Check out a whole new set of skills that will allow your Sims to create even more unique objects. Sims can now capture the picture-perfect photo or bake and decorate a delicious treat with the new Photography and Baking skills. Whatever your Sims make can be proudly displayed at home or sold to earn a few extra Simoleons.
7. Discover Aliens: Aliens have landed and walk amongst us! Find out which Sims are truly out of this world and discover the mysterious Alien dimension!
Check out the official website HERE and keep it at WTFGamersonly for all your gaming news.