In one of the best news stories that came from gaming this week, Twitch is partnering with a charity to provide grants to help up-and-coming female Twitch streamers. Female streamers will be entitled to a number of financial grants, ranging from $500 to $2,000 in an attempt to help build up and sustain their Twitch channels.
In a time where women are far too often held behind or harassed for doing what they love, this is a great opportunity for Twitch to help bring that diversity to the forefront while identifying and attempting to deal with the obvious gender gap when it comes to gaming and streaming.
The grant called the “1,000 Dreams Fund BroadcastHER Grant” is meant to provide “financial assistance to eligible women to help with expenses such as travel to gaming conventions, educational conferences, hardware upgrades, and instructional programs related to creative or artistic pursuits.”
They will hold a live stream next week called “Streams for Dreams” from March 1st through April 1st to help maximize exposure for the event.
To be eligible for the grant, you must be:
- A Female who is Twitch Affiliated or Partnered Broadcaster
- Preference given to applicants currently enrolled in high school
- Preference given to applicants currently enrolled in a 2 or 4 year college/university or graduate school
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need
- Applicants must submit an essay explaining how the grant would be used
- Selection will be based on application contents and financial need
- Applications must be submitted by the deadline
- Spring Semester Deadline: May 1
- Fall Semester Deadline: October 1
You can check out all the information for the grant and apply on the official site HERE.
Remeber Applications will open Thursday, March 1, so get ready to get them in and good luck to all the amazing women out there streaming!